Tuesday 13 July 2010

BAH.

Do you know what I would do if I was an Arsenal player on international duty and my fellow jubilant World Cup-winning team-mates from Barcelona tried to pull their club shirt over my head?

*hint: I wouldn't f**king do this > http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/07/13/arsenal-skipper-cesc-fabregas-wears-barcelona-shirt-during-spain-celebration-pic-video/*

...."What could you do if you were in that situation?" I hear you muse. I could describe it in words but I know visual examples are the zeitgeist, so in light of that > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgtvwnCoX-Q&has_verified=1 < captures it perfectly, Beastie Boys soundtrack included. I mean WHAT A HARLOT! I'm sorry, I don't want to hear "oh well they forced it over his head" "there were two of them, he couldn't get away" "you can tell he was uncomfortable" NO, NO, NO, F**K OFF. Do you think any of the '04 Immortals would be seen dead in that rag? Think Nigel Winterburn or Martin Keown or even Jens flipping Lehmann would ever allow themselves to be pictured in Barcelona's colours while under contract at Arsenal? *wipes brow*

*goes to the window. Looks out. Mutters something intelligible under breath* *returns*

Look, it's a treacherous act, no two ways about it. To pose in the club colours of a club who've made no secret of the fact that they're chasing you, no matter how uncomfortable you may have felt, stinks of betrayal. I'll go on record now as saying if Cesc Slagbregas stays (and I very very very much hope he pisses off and we get 40-50 million quid) he'll have to single-handedly win Arsenal every trophy in sight before I even crack a smile at the mention of his name.

You can take your modern-day player power and stick it right up your *Blue Peter theme music interjects*

No comments:

Post a Comment