Friday 30 July 2010

Epic

epic. Epic. EPIC.

"Surpassing the usual or ordinary, especially in scope or size"

Yeah that pretty much describes Wednesday night down at the Alibi. It was the kind of night that made me realise I have to get out of my house more; I'm not gonna lie, if I hadn't been due to spit, I probably wouldn't have reached. And I would have missed D Double, Hyper and Footsie MCing and Mak 10 and Spyro DJing, all at the same time.

Does it sound like a throwback? F**k yeah. Sick sick sick sick ssiicckkAAAAAAAA it was. Furthermore when I think about it I don't remember hearing a shit MC all night. And on a personal level, to be a part of something like that, an event like that, something people'll be talking about for a good while, is bloody brilliant. Yeah I know I sounded like Michael Owen or some other deadcake footballer just then, but I'm just telling the truth innit. Big up everyone who reached, everyone who spat, everyone who vibesed to GRIME. The scene can rarely have been in better nick if you ask me.

Here's some footage from the night:







You can also get the full audio from our set HERE. Epic shiznit.

No comments:

Post a Comment